Super-Simple Ways to Add a Splash of Color to Your Home
May 10, 2016 | admin
Curious about color? Even adding the smallest amount of color to your decor can make a huge difference. Here are some tips to help you add a splash of color to your home—without having to pick up a paint brush!
- Start out with a generous amount of neutrals. These colors will act as your canvas or blank slate that you can add to.
- Don’t use too much of one color, or it can become a big blur. You want to stick to a formula of using 60 percent of the dominant color and 30 and 10 percent of two other different colors to balance everything out.
- Blending masculine colors with feminine colors can really bring a room together.
- Consider using black when decorating. It will add some visual depth to a space. You could also use white to make a room feel more modern and fresh.
- Use something with a pattern, like a throw pillow or piece of artwork, to pull colors from.
- Work with a color palette to help transition the colors from room to room. This helps bring everything together and makes the rooms feel cohesive.
These 6 Lessons in Color Will Change the Way You Decorate [One Kings Lane]
Ideas for Decorating with Color & Pattern [About]
The 12 Rules of Decorating with Color [Pure Wow]